Follow these steps to connect your dbt project to Select Star.
To connect dbt to Select Star, you will need...
- Permission to build the dbt project
Complete the following steps to connect dbt to Select Star.
Select Star can integrate with dbt via dbt cloud or via build artifacts (manifest.json, catalog.json, etc).
for DBT Cloud we require...
- a service token for the metadata api
- We can't show the folder hierarchy you may be familiar with (and will fallback to the database/schema/table hierarchy instead) due to limitations in the dbt cloud metadata api
Select Star can integrate with dbt in two ways.
You can select one or both options.
- 1.Sync dbt documentation. If all of your dbt models exist in your data warehouse and you are not using dbt's persist_docs function, you can surface dbt documentation for your data warehouse using this ingestion setting.
- 2.Create separate data source. If your dbt setup includes any models (such as incremental or ephemeral models) which are not stored in your data warehouse, you can create dbt as a separate data source in Select Star in order to see complete lineage.
Go to the Select Star Settings. Click Data in the sidebar, then + Add to create a new Data Source.
Choose dbt in the Source Type dropdown and then follow the instructions for how you want to connect: