Comment on page
dbt Core (open source)
Follow these steps to connect your dbt Core project to Select Star.
For dbt Core, we'll need
catalog.jsonfile (if you want the
Create a separate Data Sourceingestion setting)
run_results.jsonfor dbt Tests ingestion.
To generate these, please use these commands:
manifest.json, run the following command and copy the
targetdirectory to another location.
dbt compile --full-refresh
catalog.json, run the following command
dbt docs generate
for dbt Tests, run the following command:
after generating these, you should see them in your
dbt docs generatealso generates a
manifest.jsonfile, but this doesn't contain enough information about lineage, do not provide this manifest.json to Select Star if you are using Create a separate data source.
This is why we recommend copying the
manifest.jsonto another location
dbt Core (open source)in the
dbt Typedrop down
without Create a Separate Data Source selected
with Create a Separate Data Source selected
run_results.jsonfiles from into the file drop zones depending on what you've selected from the options above. Please note that
run_results.jsonis optional and only required if you want to see dbt tests in Select Star.
- Display Name: This value is
dbtby default, but you can override it if desired.
- Data Source: Select one of your existing warehouse data sources to connect to (i.e. Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift).
- Note: if you don't have any other data source, you'll need to select the SQL dialect according to which data warehouse you use (i.e. Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift). This will be labelled as Dialect instead of Data Source.
- manifest.json: Drag and drop a
manifest.jsonfile from your dbt project's target directory.
- catalog.json: Drag and drop a
catalog.jsonfile from your dbt project's target directory.
- Note: This option is only necessary for the Create New Data Source ingestion setting.💡
- run_results.json: Drag and drop a
run_results.jsonfile from your dbt project's target directory.
Click the Connect button at the bottom of the Add Data Source modal.
Your metadata should start loading automatically. When the sync is complete, we'll email you and you'll be able to explore dbt in Select Star!
Learn how to integrate with the Select Star API by clicking the link below.
Navigate to the data source admin page, and next to the dbt data source click on the Configure button.
Here you can select the
dbt Core (open source)dbt Type then update the
catalog.jsonfiles in by dragging and dropping them from your dbt project's target directory.
Once you've updated your
catalog.json and run_results.jsonfiles, click Connect to confirm your changes, and you're good to go!