Cost Analysis (Private Preview)
This feature is currently only supported for Snowflake (DWH), Sigma and Mode (BI tools)
With Cost Analysis, you will gain insights about your Snowflake Spend at the query, dashboard, warehouse and user level. You will be able to view Cost (in Credits) of your big ticket dashboards and identify which queries are the most expensive by sorting them by cost. You will also be able to identify Snowflake Spend for each active warehouse, and have the ability to track Snowflake Spend by teams and users.
To access the Cost Analysis page, click Settings from the menu on the top right, and click Snowflake Cost Analysis in the Admin section on the left sidebar.
This feature contains 3 tabs
- Overview - This tab provides a high-level summary of total expenditure, cost trends, and key cost drivers to quickly assess the overall cost landscape.
- Data - This tab provides detailed insights on query cost, dashboard cost, and warehouse cost, allowing admins to analyze and optimize resource allocation for efficient cost management.
- User - This tab provides a comprehensive breakdown of the cost by team and user, allowing admins to track and analyze cost allocation across different groups.
Each Cost Analysis page has a date range picker to filter metrics by specific dates. Currently, the maximum date range limit is 14 days.
Dates and Times shown are in UTC timezone
Our Cost Analysis feature provides a centralized view of your Snowflake compute costs, and enables your organization to gain insights into your usage patterns and identify cost optimization opportunities. This feature provides:
- Near Real-time Cost Monitoring: This feature displays up-to-date information on credit consumption, allowing you to track costs in near real-time and react promptly to any unexpected spikes.
- Cost Breakdown: It provides a detailed breakdown of costs by warehouses, user, and dashboards, enabling you to pinpoint areas of high expenditure and optimize resource allocation.
- Forecasting and Budgeting: By analyzing historical data and usage patterns, this feature can help forecast future costs, allowing you to plan budgets effectively.
- Query and Dashboard Usage Analysis: It can help correlate query and dashboard usage metrics with cost, helping you identify expensive queries that can be optimized or tuned for better efficiency.