Comment on page
Under the Analytics page, organization admins will be able to track user and page metrics. All statistics are based on user activities that are logged when they perform an action within Select Star.
To access the Analytics page, click Setting from the menu on the top right, Analytics section is available under the Admin section on the left sidebar.
Every analytics page has a date range picker to filter metrics by specific dates. For now maximum date range limit is 90 days. The default range is set to last 30 days.
To change the dates, click on the dates range, and select the first and the last date and hit Confirm.
Date range filter
We also have a predefined date range to select from. The selected range will be displayed at the bottom of the modal. If you want to apply that date range just click confirm button.
Predefined Date Range
Users analytics lets you track metrics about your organization's users within Select Star.
Analytics - Users tab
- New users: How many users were created during that time period.
- Active users: How many users performed an action during that time period.
- Total Members: How many users were registered on the system up to the last day of the date range
Top 5 Users who performed the most actions, click Show more to see the full list and Activity Count.
Top 5 Active Users
Top 5 Users who performed the most actions, excluding views, click Show more to see the full list and Edit Count.
Top 5 Contributors
Top 5 New Users based on Join Date, click Show more to see the full list.
Top 5 New Users
Activities analytics lets you track metrics about your organization's pages and search terms within Select Star.
Analytics - Activities tab
- Table Description Fill Rate: Percentage of total tables for which a description was filled in.
- Column Description Fill Rate: Percentage of total columns for which a description was filled in.
- Total Number of Docs: Total count of documents within Select Star.
- Tables with Owners Rate: Percentage of total tables for which ownership (technical or business) was filled in.
- Total Number of Discussions: Total count of discussions (does not includes replies) within Select Star.
Hover over the tooltip to read how the metrics were calculated.
Top 5 viewed pages, click Show more to see the full list.
Top 5 pages
Top 5 edited tables, columns, dashboards and charts within Select Star, click Show more to see the full list.
Top 5 pages edited
Top 5 used keywords for searching, click Show more to see the full list.
Top 5 search terms
Activity log lets you track all user's actions within Select Star.
Analytics - Activity Log tab
Export to CSV button will let you download with all log data for the selected date range.