Dashboards and reports in Select Star each have their own page where you can explore a variety of information.
This page gives a brief overview of the information available in three different areas:
Click the links within this page to learn more about a specific feature.
- The name of the dashboard or report.
- A button to Open the dashboard in your BI tool. This will only work if you have an account for the BI tool and are logged in.
- Popularity - Calculated by Select Star. This is based on impressions. For dashboards it is the # of views over a period of 30-90 days.
- Loading Status - This shows whether or not the dashboard has run successfully.
- Indicates the dashboard is loading successfully✅
- Indicates uncertain loading status. This dashboard has not been run in a while❓
- This dashboard's last run was unsuccessful. One or more of the queries has an error.⚠
- Last Edited - When the metadata of the dashboard was last changed in the BI Tool.
- Last Run - When the dashboard was last run. This is currently updated during Select Star's daily metadata sync. If you run your dashboards more than once a day, this may not show the most recent run.
Tabs will give you special information about how the dashboard is used and how it connects to other data in your organization.
- ****Lineage **** - Works the same way as the Lineage tab for tables. You can explore Upstream Sources and Downstream Targets. This will have the
Dashboardsoption at the bottom of the screen checked by default and center on the current dashboard.
- Top Users - The people or service accounts who query or view this table most.